Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Keeping Sheep, Part I

God's goodness in a sandpit :)

As Advent is coming I've been thinking a lot about being intentional with celebrating, with life; and I believe that being intentional makes all the difference. 
The focus on being intentional has spilled over in other areas.  This morning, I didn't get up when the alarm went off, and at first I tried salvaging the morning.  I got my gym clothes on and Oliver dressed and realized it wasn't the right thing to do. I was just trying to do "the list"!  
This morning, about 9:00, I chose to give my day, list all checked off or not, and it's small moments to God.  So, instead of heading out the door, I played trains, threw some dishes in the sink to soak, bagged up our recycling and played outside with Oliver.  None of these things is written down as "what to do in order to be a good christian" or to simply have a good day.  But in giving "the list", play time, and the dishes to the Lord,  I believe my heart was transformed a little more and my eyes opened to His goodness a little more.  The work I have right now before me:  wife, mommy, friend, etsy, a very small volunteer commitment are big things when I am intentional in allowing them to be God's endeavors.
I don't need to make this bigger, I promise!
Something one of our pastors said recently keeps surfacing in my brain and heart, "Moses kept sheep before he led a nation."  I need to be diligent in keeping my sheep, do the work, whatever it is, for His glory knowing that He will be faithful.
I'm keeping sheep.
And today, being intentional about keeping my sheep looked like doing the basic day-to-day chores, wearing my fleece and practical headband, and making tracks with Oliver in a sandpit!


No comments:

Post a Comment