Monday, January 2, 2012

Joining the Stampede

Like a child, I had to learn who was in charge, who could give me real sustenance, who would help me to gather my legs up under me and run.
Only to realize my legs didn't belong to me, they are His, "running the race set before me" ; and they are so much stronger than I can know.  And the more I run with Christ, the truth and beauty and sacrifice of His blood surges through me.  His life pulsing stronger until it is the only thing I can hear roaring in my ears. And these new legs, won't stumble or trip.  They'll keep pounding out the pulse of life:  love.  grace.  thankfulness.  truth.  and justice.  And that love, that grace, that thankfulness, that truth and justice vibrates through me and ripples out like the earth trembling as a stampede thunders by.
I pray that this year, instead of trying to run on my own weak legs and being trampled by the hooves, I'll let Christ run.  And find myself, lodged deep in His muscle.  I'll find Him.  Find Him pouring Himself into my weakness, my brokenness and being my strength and making me whole.
Whole, without emptiness to fill with sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment