Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh, Oliver

For the sake of remembering in 10 years, or 10 minutes from now. My favorite little boy quotes:

After getting caught playing instead of napping by grandmother.
"Daddy will be cross!"

When asked by Eric if he would rather be a visual artist or musician, (Eric was kidding, we didn't think he would answer, but he did, with both hands raised for emphasis and a deliberate head nod).
"No Daddy, I'm a dancer!"
We had had earlier in the evening an amazing dance party complete with wheelbarrow kicks and lots of jumping and twirling on the ground.

Running back to me before he got in the shower.
"Mommy, I have a secret for you. I. Love. You". Me: "Oliver, that is the best secret, let me tell you a secret now. I. Love. You!". Oliver: "Oh Mommy, that is a wonderful secret!"

"Mommy, I love you pieces". Oh, Oliver, I love you to pieces too.

While giving his big brown bear a handful of rocks.
" Now drink your broth Brownie, it will make you feel better" "Brownie! Drink your broth! It will make you feel better"
Me, mocking inside my head, " come on Brownie, drink your broth. Looks tasty to me."

On seeing a police car pull over a truck.
" oh no, that truck did not listen and obey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment