Friday, November 18, 2011



As I soak up John 10:10  (thanks Naptime Diaries Monthly Home Goodness), "I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.", I am realizing more and more the abundant parts of my life often come with a lot of busyness, a lot of tiredness, a lot of stress (both happy and sad).  I look at my prayer list or lists (never had much organization about those things, always on or in a different journal or memo pad) , and I realize that I am so thankful for the abundance of people and matters to pray for.  In my humanity, I wish that hardships would abate, but the Living Spirit within me is showing me that, all those hardships are part of the abundance too.  So often, during those tough times, I find myself asking, "ok, what am I supposed to be learning?"  And maybe, it's not always going to be a nicely packaged lesson that I have learned, like, patience or giving it over to God.  Maybe it's that I learn that this is life, and in truly living out the Life He has given me, I can and will live abundantly; in joy, in sadness, in days filled with laughter, in days of tears.  I have abundant Life.

and often a good wrestling match conveys that abundant, overflow of love better than a hug

1 comment: